I couldn't resist taking a picture of this exhibit. In my world, 'Tojo', doesn't enjoy going over 35mph like 'Adolf' and 'Benito' do...
It turns out that former Governor of California Pete Wilson is the chairman of the National WWII museum. For those of you that don't know, and by misapplying genealogy terminology, as governor two governors ago, Pete Wilson would be the former governor of California twice removed, which of course makes Gray Davis the former governor of California once removed...
So, we had to get the Toyota from wherever it was valeted to, and the only reason I mention this is that when I got in it, the valet had set the parking brake, obviously thinking it actually worked. That's so cute. This car actually taught me NOT to set the parking brake because it would freeze up in the winter. I'm still nervous about setting in the Audi (without reason) and the Alfa Romeo (with reason; @!!@#*&$% rear calipers). Now, on to the grudge match drag racing. Yes, we drag raced the Toyota, though not before the Toyota had overheating issues on the way to the track. I considered tightening the belt to the water pump, because we had heard it squeal a few times and flopped around a bit at idle. But, I didn't feel like doing that on the side of the road.
Due to the overheating issues, we ran with the team that actually one the BABE Rally, aka Team 'Manwall' and 'Unintended Acceleration'. I actually had to borrow tools from the Manwall team, because the adjustment bolt for the alternator on Tojo wasn't metric! I had only brought metric tools with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment