I drove it this evening after re-bleeding the brakes and the brakes work grea--, well, they work as well as they can. I'm used to the brakes on the Audi and Alfa Romeo which stop very quickly. The car seemed to behave itself driving to Ann Arbor and back. No brake noise (was just a clip rubbing on the rotor; Dremel to the rescue), the calipers released as they should (adjusted master cylinder to booster rod clearance). It does enjoy a high-ish idle, but I've fiddled with the adjuster screw many times, which might be the problem. It did occurr to me tonight it might be vaccuum related as pressing on the brake seems to settle it down. But, that is a minor issue, and who knows what vaccuum valves, widgets and gizmos are working properly. Frankly, I don't care. It behaves properly running at a steady speed, only backfires until it is fully warm and can lock up the brakes AND release them, though locking them up is easier on gravel. There is some more room for improvement, as I noticed some clattering from the front while tightened the front lug nuts. But, both sides of the car do it, so it must be intentional...
So, I'm celebrating with what is actually a very nice glass of Charles Shaw Cab. Sauv. from Trader Joe's and some stinky Stilton cheese.
I copied pictures to 'rustywhiteninja', which is the official team name for the BABERally (team #34) with some new pictures from my mother:
No comments:
Post a Comment