Saturday, May 23, 2009

I hate stickiness

I have been, today, getting Tojo's trunk sealed up, more to reduce noise than protect trunk contents from the elements. It went as well as can be expected on the trunk floor and spare tire well, until I got brave and decided to tackle the right rear fender well. It is rusted through all around to the right rear door, along the wheel arch. All I can say is that it is obvious that profanity in the English language wasn't developed by anyone who ever tried to lay up strips of fiberglass and resin, because if it had, we would have an even wider, more colorful array of expletives and blue words to toss around. The words would probably sound more like wild shrieks of the kind that would scare hyenas, than what we have in our current four-letter realm.



The other experiement was to use 'Great Stuff' on the left rear wheel well, because I got tired of all this fiberglass nonsense. I used a rag (old t-shirt) to provide some bulk, but didn't wait long enough before pulling it out and had a big blob of Great Stuff on my garage floor. Back to the drawing board....

But, I changed the oil (again) buying some Pennzoil as I couldn't bring myself to put the cheapest stuff in it for a 3,000 mile warm climate journey. I also plan on changing the transmission oil, either tonight or tomorrow. The only other thing is to work on the doors to see why some won't open. I swear I had a tool to remove the window crank handle. It was on my peg board in the garage for years and I moved it recently, but now I don't know where I put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment